Entry Requirements of Prints for the Annual Competition
Submission of prints
• Entries may be submitted in person to the Print Director (Mary Wilson) or to another BCG Committee member by arrangement.
• Prints can be any size and should be matted however the maximum mat dimension is 400 mm x 500 mm (16” x 20”)
• Your Member Number, Grade, Title and Subject must be marked clearly and correctly on the back of the print.
• An arrow is to be included on the back of the print that points to the top edge.
• If you prefer, coloured stickers will be available at the meeting to indicate Special Awards. If you have any questions about how to label your prints, speak to the Print Director.
Note: the entry form must be handed in at the same time as the prints are submitted.
Annual Competition Submission Checklist
This guide has been written to help members organise their entries and ensure that their entries conform to the requirements and are submitted correctly.
Note: This checklist does not need to be handed in, but it is recommended that you keep it for reference.
You must have been graded before submitting your entries. Members who have not been graded are not eligible to enter.
1. Do your images fit the definitions for each of the sections?
2. Have you checked to make sure you have followed Rule No.5 (maximum number of images per section)? Use the table below to assist you:
|Pictorial Monochrome||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
|Pictorial Colour||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
|People||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
|Nature||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
|Soc. D’mentary / Photojournalism||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
|Creative / Experimental||4||Prints and/or DPIs|
3. Are all of the images within the size requirements?
4. Have all images been marked or named correctly to avoid disqualification
5. Is your entry form correctly filled out?. Ask the competition directors if you require assistance.