Focus March - Matt Palmer
Presenter: Matt Palmer, Photographer
Matt’s photographic eye developed during a successful career in graphic design, while he spent nights creating photographs of the world’s music stars. He has many published images from his work as an image maker across photography, design and illustration. He enjoys photographing people in love as well as work in photo-journalism and as a photo-documentary maker. He also enjoys teaching one-on-one or in small group workshops. Matt has won many awards for his photography, including:
- 2016 AIPP Qld Sports Photographer of the Year
- 2015 AIPP Qld Documentary Photographer of the Year
- 2014 AIPP Australian Sports Photographer of the Year
- 2014 AIPP Qld Documentary / Sports Photographer of the Year
- 2014 AIPP Qld Landscape Photographer of the Year Finalist
As well as speaking about his own work aimed at producing unique imagery, Matt will also discuss how to develop an excellent Photography Project. So, Matt’s presentation will be of great interest to those of you taking part in BCG’s 2017 Print Project Challenge, as well as other members who are keen to improve their photography. I’m sure it will be a stimulating presentation.
Bring along some images to have them appraised by our panel before you submit them for competition. An ad-hoc panel will offer tips and suggestions for improvement of images brought in by members.
There is no competition or winner, just constructive comments on how to improve your images.
- Members are welcome to bring along up to 4 images
- Please bring your images on a USB stick, SD card or CD