The event will be held on Sunday, April 29, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
Gardners Falls at Maleny
Where to meet
We will meet at Gardners Waterfalls just outside Maleny township on the Landsborough Maleny Road at 08:30am in the carpark https://goo.gl/maps/7hRiC28eHmu
The water fall is a short walk from the carpark alone the Obi Obi creek which offers other photo options of still ponds, small rapids and small waterfalls and the larger waterfall at the end of the path. There is also some rainforest along the path.
The drive to Gardners waterfalls will take approx. 1 ½ hours from BCG club house in Windsor. Quickest way is follow the M1 (Bruce highway) north to Steve Irwin Way, follow Steve Irwin Way to Landsborough, Take the Maleny road to Maleny, then turn off to Gardners Waterfalls just before Maleny.
What to Bring:
- Various lenses e.g. macro lens, wide angle like 16 - 35mm, small zoom 24-70mm, small telephoto 70-200mm, if you have them
- Fully charged batteries and empty storage cards
- Graduated Neutral Density (ND) 3, 5, 10, 15 Stop (slow the water movement and try some long exposure)
- Sun glasses, water, hat and sunscreen
- Covered walking shoes
- Insect Repellent
- Cable release or remote shutter control or smart phone with app to control camera. You can also use the 2 second built in timer in your camera
- Mobile phone (emergencies)
- Camera flash (optional)
- Thermos and snacks (optional)
- Towel (optional)
- Head lamp or small torch (optional)
If for some reason the weather turns sour then we will contact as soon as we can to advise the outing is cancelled.
It’s Sunday, so brunch is definitely in order. Monica's Café at 11/43 Maple St Maleny is a very good and popular café. If you’re interested in brunch, we can meet at Monica’s café at 10:30am https://goo.gl/maps/JEcaiymTV982
Additional photo options if you wish to make a full day outing
Maleny has many additional photo options. Here is a small list which you might be interested in;
As mentioned, this is a weather permitting outing, further contact information will be provided to registered participants.
NB. The registration commencement date for this event is 28 March 2018. If you see 3/28/2018 as the registration commencement date below then your computer/browser is using US date format.
Registration is required for this event.
Registration closes on Friday, April 27, 2018
You must login to this website, even if you are not a member, to be able to register for this event.