Set Subjects - 2019
Please ensure that you carefully read and understand the definitions. They are the criteria that the judges will use to score your images in the Set Subject competitions.
- February – Architecture: The picture must be of a building intended for human occupation or use. It may be a picture of the exterior or interior and may be a detail of a limited part of a building or buildings that displays architectural angles and lines in a dynamic or colourful way (Monochrome allowed).
- March – Movement : A finished image that depicts motion blur resulting from long exposure or panning or in camera movement. The image cannot be a freeze frame photo, it must show some blur in some part of the image.
- April – Transportation: The image must show the action of transporting someone or something or the process of being transported.
- May – Impressionist: A style when the photographer tries to convey the feeling of a scene, a general impression, or suggestion of a scene. Lacking in detail these impressionist images emphasize colour over line and are often soft, dreamy, and have a painterly feel.
- June – Negative Space: Negative space, is the space around and between the subject(s) of an image. Negative space may be most evident when the space around a subject, not the subject itself, forms an interesting or artistically relevant shape, and such space occasionally is used to artistic effect as the "real" subject of an image.
- July – Photo Replication: Is the copy or reproduction of a famous photograph, painting, sculpture or piece of art. It can be replicated, reproduced or copied in any way as interpreted by the photographer, however the photo must clearly remind the viewer of the artist's/photographer's style. Photo Replication is not considered plagiarism as this is the intention of this concept to flatter the artist’s/photographer’s work by copying or reproducing his/her’s work. The image can be in mono or colour.
- August – Bokeh: Definition coming shortly.
- September – Framed: Definition coming shortly.
- October – High Key: Definition coming shortly.