Set Subjects - 2019
Please ensure that you carefully read and understand the definitions. They are the criteria that the judges will use to score your images in the Set Subject competitions.
- February – Architecture: The picture must be of a building intended for human occupation or use. It may be a picture of the exterior or interior and may be a detail of a limited part of a building or buildings that displays architectural angles and lines in a dynamic or colourful way (Monochrome allowed).
- March – Movement : A finished image that depicts motion blur resulting from long exposure or panning or in camera movement. The image cannot be a freeze frame photo, it must show some blur in some part of the image.
- April – Transportation: The image must show the action of transporting someone or something or the process of being transported.
- May – Impressionist: A style when the photographer tries to convey the feeling of a scene, a general impression, or suggestion of a scene. Lacking in detail these impressionist images emphasize colour over line and are often soft, dreamy, and have a painterly feel.
- June – Negative Space: Definition coming shortly.
- July – Photo Replication: Definition coming shortly.
- August – Bokeh: Definition coming shortly.
- September – Framed: Definition coming shortly.
- October – High Key: Definition coming shortly.